Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Solar Energy and its Sunshiney Goodness

As I've mentioned, I love this little invention called StumbleUpon. As I was stumbling today, I just found a blog post about solar powered window curtains! How amazing is that?! They say you can generate enough electricity for what most people use in 1/2 of a day. Can you imagine...cutting your energy bill in HALF?! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure (especially with the current *cough* economic situation) that any of us can appreciate something so simple.

The tough part about solar energy (as with most natural forms of energy) is that you need some way to convert that energy into electricity. My parents own a solar powered home and it's great, as long as you don't need to use a hair dryer!

The initial costs tend to be expensive for solar panels and the converting system (including batteries and the works). However, in the long run, it's definitely worth it.

Why not save our energy and save the planet?!

No comments: