Thursday, July 17, 2008

The "Guinea Pig Diet"

I mentioned yesterday that I eat "like a guinea pig," a phrase so coined by a coworker. Well, I thought I would share that I have a different little lunch plan for today: leftovers from my Flatbread dinner last night. (Only somewhat guinea pig-esque.)

I went to this "hippie-dippie" (heard a more conservative diner use the phrase on her way out) pizzeria in Portland with an old friend. We had the most scrumptious sun dried tomato pizza (not the one pictured, but close to it!) - with sweet glazed onions, mushrooms, spinach, mozzarella, and goat cheese on their organic brick oven cooked dough. This yummy delight was coupled with organic Riesling wine...of course.

The point is that if you've never been to Flatbread, you need to go. It's amazing...but the atmosphere is my favorite: so laid back and relaxed. Plus it's all organic and natural..that doesn't hurt!

No comments: