Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Portland Power Yoga

I had my very first official yoga session last night. Sure, I've dabbled in the comfort of my living room (with Exercise On Demand!). I've never actually taken a yoga class though - just plenty of pilates during school!

Anyway, I went to a place right down the way that came highly recommended by both my best friend and my physical therapist. Portland Power Yoga uses a technique called power vinyasa yoga, keeping a steady flow of yoga (concentrating on breathing) in an environment of 90 degrees!

I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my entire life, but it was amazing - so detoxifying! Their slogan is so cool. 3-4 times a week to change your body, 5-6 times to change your life. Guess I'd better get my butt there at least 5 times a week then, huh?!

No comments: