Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Official PT Graduate

About four months ago, I was injured while cheerleading right before my senior game. Not the best experience of my life, because as it ended up, I tore the ACL in my right knee and stretched a few other ligaments - but that wasn't as big deal. Basically, I was flying and I came down out of the stunt completely wrong (no worries - not a bad fall!).

Then in mid-April, I had ACL reconstruction, and have been in physical therapy since. More recently, I've spent my rehab with an awesome PT named Heather at Riverview Physical Therapy in Westbrook. And yesterday, I graduated!! I'm pretty sure that 12 weeks out and graduating from PT is some sort of a record...thanks Heather!

I originally had my surgery done by Dr. Hoffman at Orthopaedic Associates in Portland. I have my (final?) appointment with him this afternoon, and I'm just praying he clears me for yoga!

No comments: