Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Trip Down the Saco River

I was supposed to take a trip with some buddies from college down the Saco River this weekend. But with the forecast (rain/t-storms) and a special news bulletin I saw this morning, I don't think I'll be making it, unfortunately.

Channel 6 says in their report that police are asking people to stay away from the river this weekend. With all this silly rain we've been getting, the river's gone up..duh! Plus people drink themselves into oblivion in their canoes and the police had to rescue three canoes last weekend. Yikes!

Sad part is I've never been so I really wanted to go. Oh well, I'm comforted by the fact that I'll get to sleep in my big comfy (warm and dry) bed in my apartment rather than in a 2 inch puddle of water in a wet sleepy bag on rocky ground in a smelly old tent. Yes, warm and dry is better than wet and cold any day of the week.

No comments: