Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations, Mr. President Elect

Well, it's very nearly official. Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States of America, and our very first African American president. My most enthusiastic congratulations!!!!

It was a long and intense race, and I must say....I'm glad it's finally over. I'm the first to admit I'm extremely bias, but at the end of the day, I really do think the best man won.

I just got finished watching the speeches from both candidates last night. They were both extremely moving and powerful - Obama's, to me, was reminiscent of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s famous speech; and McCain's (as described by my coworker) was the best of his entire campaign.

If you haven't seen either, you can check out Obama's speech on his official website's blog or McCain's (on the Huffington Post - hehe - still official, I promise).

As most people are, I'm glad it's all over, and we can get back to real life. And maybe start seeing some of those political signs on street corners come down??

No comments: